Tuesday, November 17

Thanksgiving Play

This morning was highlighted by a mildly Thanksgiving themed playdate at my neighbor Jenny's house. So Liam and I made pumpkin muffins. The recipe is uber simple and inexpensive with quickly disappearing results. Liam always gets excited and wants to help when I bring out my mixer. He missed out on helping with measuring and mixing because, much to my aggravation, it took him over an hour to eat his breakfast before I just gave up and tossed it. However, he did a very through job of greasing the pan and sprinkling oats on the muffins.






This recipe was shared by a member of my O'mamas group, Elsa, before she moved North and I make it repeatedly and have adapted it a bit to my tastes.

Elsa's Pumpkin Muffins

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spices
1/2 cup canola oil
1 15 oz can of canned pumpkin
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes for 18 regular size muffins, or 12-15 minutes for 36 mini muffins. Accoring to Elsa these freeze very well. However, I wouldn't know. They usually disappear well before I get a chance to freeze them. There are now 2 mini muffins left.

We haven't actually been to an official playdate in a long time. Mainly, we just visit with one or two friends at a time. Liam had lots of fun and I really enjoyed being able to just sit and chat while he played. It was a nice change to talk to people outside my normal circle. He's been very talkative and energetic lately which is wonderful, but I'm just having a hard time keeping up these days.



No comments: