Sunday, April 17

Enough nonsense

Well, as I went to post the results of yet another silly quiz last night, I decided enough is enough. I've had a lot of things stirring around on the back burner lately, but nothing that was quite ready to come forward. So this morning me and my journal, the poor neglected paper one, had a chance to sit down and get some things worked out before we were gently interrupted by other people's needs. So this is kind of a hodgepodge posting to get things out so I can pick up on them at some point in time. I’m also making some soup for dinner so I have no doubt that this to will be cut short and need to be amended and attended to later this evening.

First, I have decided to participate in the Danskin Triathlon in June. I’ve been hemming and hawing over this for a while because I have some things going that may interfere, but I’m going to sign up and I’m going to train. If for some reason I really can’t do it I know the money’s going to a good cause. Much , much, more on this later.
UPDATE: When I made this anouncement I was only seven weeks out from the event, a tight but doable schedule. Well, by May first I still had not gotten into a training plan and I decided that it was better to just back off.
Work/ Job/ Career or lack there of. Y’all may or may not have noticed a complete lack of me discussing my job. That’s because I’m embarrassed by it. I don’t hate it. It doesn’t fit me very well, but I’ve gotten to be incredibly good at it. I just need to move on. I wait tables for a good Italian restaurant. It's a decent company. I have a terrific boss, great coworkers and very likable customers. I’ve let my fear of risk, rejection, change, failure and indecision stop me for to long. I may not know what I want to do, but I have to find a better fit, with more money, and a schedule that is a little more in tuned with the rest of the world. I’m intelligent, college educated, a hard-worker and reasonably sane; it’s time to move on. I’ve been so focused on trying to find an ideal situation that fits all of my criteria, that I’ve missed chances and opportunities that could have had wonderful results. So now I need to start getting my feet wet again, interviews, resumes, look for and explore possibilities. Just do something.

Hubby wants onto the computer, so back to my soup and I’ll continue my rambling’s later.

No comments: