Saturday, April 15

Our First Couple Days

I know. I really should be sleeping. Sleep when the baby sleeps and all that. However, I needed to at least stop in for a minute and acknowledge all the love I’ve been feeling from you. Thanks, everybody.

The last few days have been a complete whirlwind and I have total mommy brain. I can’t tell you how much sleep I’ve logged in over the last four days, but I can tell you it hasn’t been much. I know I’m running on adrenaline and soon I will crash. I’m completely and utterly in love and I promise to bore all those that are brave enough to try to talk to me with details of diapers and feeding.

I plan to write up, if I ever get a chance, Liam’s Birth Story and will share it with you if and when I do. So for now I’ll just say that after all my ideals of natural childbirth the pitocin the used to induce labor kicked my butt and I’m glad to say I dropped my bigheadedness and practically begged for an epidural.

Our next two days were spent in the hospital and Liam and I but in a lot of work on learning how to breastfeed. It was very difficult for him at first, but he was hungry and I was incredibly insistent. Now he’s got it down really well. Last night he did a breastfeeding marathon. I swear from 3am to 9am he spent well over half that time with a boob in his mouth. Not to mention burping and diaper checking etc. I’m thrilled to see him eating and plumping back up, but I’m hoping this stage doesn’t last too long.

I am recovering well. I’m sore and achy and tired and did I mention I have mush for brains? However, I’m trying to keep my feet up as much as I can and I’m letting people do for me. Lyn has taken right over when it comes to jumping up and doing things and household odds and ends. He’s also doing great with Liam, but he has absolutely no experience with babies or children and therefore doesn’t trust his instincts with him. I’m hoping to work on that. I’m also loving that my mother in law is so nearby. She and her husband have made our transition home so much easier.

Well, I know that I will here a little voice calling for me very soon and I need to at least lie down for a bit before he does. I hope all is well with you and I’ll check back in again soon.


4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful.

Janet said...

Thanks for the update, Lora!! I know *exactly* how you feel and still can't get over how excited and happy I am for you!!!!

Princess Jami said...

What a lovely Easter present he is. Aww... :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Take naps when you can get em.