Sunday, November 29

Sweet Routines

Today, Liam had one of those moments that was so darn sweet and loving that it made me feel like the best mom in the world, and the luckiest.

Between working late last night and waking up in the middle of the night with a headache, I didn't get as much sleep as I needed. So I took advantage of Lyn being home due to the weekend and took a much needed nap.

About fifteen minutes after I laid down, Liam came in to join me. Unlike his usual fidgety self, he laid down quietly for a few minutes and just watched me. After a little while he informed me that he needed to read me one of his books. He picked out a Thomas book on the shelf by our bed and looked through the pages while sitting next to me. Then he got down from our bed and fetched Taggie, his lovey, and tucked it in next to my head. Then he went back to his room and got the little dream catcher he made in a recent RE, religious education, class and told me it "So you not get scared." He gave me a kiss and quietly left the room.

In many ways he went through the bedtime routine we do with him every night. These are the little things we do to make him feel loved and safe and this is his way of letting me know that they do matter and he is paying attention. I hope that he feels as loved every night at bedtime as I did as he tucked me in for nap.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Awwww, that is so lovely. Liam sounds a wonderful little boy, and it sounds like you're enjoying every moment with him :)