Wednesday, June 25

Ahhhh!

Before me, I have two whole hours of absolute me time. Ahhhh! There are so many things I'd love to do with it that I feel overwhelded and have no idea where to start. I'm sure in the end I'll end up just puttering it away on odds and ends, but that is fine by me. After all it's my time to putter.

Liam is at, my friend, Jenny's house playing with his buddy, Will. We have an arrangement that every Wednesday we alternate who gets the boys and who gets a few hours to themselves. Today is my day. It's like our own private, very flexible, MDO program. I'm much happier for getting some me time and Liam is much happier for getting some playtime in. Honestly, even on the days that I have the boys it's easier on me because they have each other to play with instead of Liam looking to me to entertain him all morning, I enjoy their company more and have fun planning special crafts and activies for us to do together.

It feels like it's been a while since I've had my turn though. Last week we went to Children's Day at the Art Park together and saw Joe McDermott, instead of swapping days and had a wonderful time despite loosing each other after the show. I was glad she was interested in going. I had training at work on Tuesday, again, and I work every Thursday. I can't stand the idea of dropping Liam at somebody else house on the days weeks that I'm going to be away from him extra. Then the last time it was my turn I used it for a chiropractor's appointment and errands. This is much better...

Anyway, back to planning my morning. Mainly, I have lots of cleaning and organizing to do, but just the thought of that makes me want to go hide in a book. I also need to spend a little time making some cards. Both my brother and one of my close friends are celebrating their birthday this tomorrow. While it's a little late to get anything in the mail to Jeffrey on time, Keitha is one of the friends who got me into card making and so I want it to do something extra special for her.

The other, probably more pressing, thing I need to do is reconstruct my pantry. This morning, with Liam's "assistance" I disassembled most of my pantry. I've been trying to make some dietary changes and have needed to do this for a while. Honestly, I'd like to completely redo the pantry including putting a new shelving system in it and knocking out a wall so that I can increase it's size. However, I guess that won't be happening in the next hour and a half and without discussing it with Lyn first. For now I'll have to live with a panrty that has noticelby less stuff that I don't want to be eating in it. I wonder if I'll be able to dump some of the "junk" on to Jenny?

Well, my coffee cup is empty. I need to press replay on my Midnight Oil CD and I feel motivated to get things done

One small task for me, one giant leap towards living a better life...

1 comment:

iMother2.0 said...

Hi. I've missed your posts :)

What an awesome thing you have going with Jenny. I'd love to hook up with someone like that, but no one lives close...I guess they don't have to. Hmmmm you're making me think :)

I love your beautiful cards. Enjoy making them...and all this time to yourself ;)