Wednesday, March 9

The slow formation of a plan

Well, I've been having a lot of fun playing around with the different templates and I think I've settled on a tic-tac toe one. I really enjoy the cool colors and the simple, yet decorative design. I've spent way too much time playing with the colors. (Oh! the endless combinations.) But it is long past the time I should have gone to bed, so for now this format will do.

So what's the plan? I'm really not into self-exhibition, as some bloggers seem to be; nor do I have a desire to bore anybody to death with stories of my past. My life is kind of simple and ordinary, so I don't expect anybody to be entranced by it. I have lots of interesting things to say about politics, books and the media, but not enough to really tie the page together into a theme. I think I'm simply starting a blog to fulfill some of my needs that are not currently being met.

I must do something creative again. I feel like I live such a stagnant life anymore, devoid of passion and creativity (yes, I'm married, can't you tell). I remember from days of old I was always felt so much more fulfilled when I was working on a creative project, and although I've always expressed myself in a different media, I guess journaling is art; isn't it?


I also feel like I've fallen further and furtherbehind on the technical curve, a feeling I hate. It's time that I start taking steps to amend that.

Also while I've always tended to be quite analytical in my journals (did'ja notice?), I've wanted to start a gratitude journal of sorts to help me appreciate life more. Yeah, I know it's a little corny and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to incorporate it yet. I figure that I'll probably spend a lot of time thinking about this blog, at least in spurts, so I'll be much happier if I focus on positive things to say instead of making myself miserable by focusing on the negative and being nit-picky.

Well, my bed is calling to be and my morning run is looking more and more like it's not going to happen.

No comments: