Monday, May 16

The American Dream

The New York Times is doing a terrific series of articles about social class in America. Although I haven’t done much with it since then, I studied sociology in college. This is a subject I find fascinating. I intend to read the whole series as it comes out. If you get a chance to read it and also find it interesting let me know. Perhaps we can continue the discussion.

So far they have only published two articles. Yesterday, they featured a general discussion of the perceptions and realities social class. They also provided some interactive graphs focusing on social mobility. The article they featured today illustrated the differences in the health care received by people of different socio-economic classes in America and reasons why that is the case. On Thursday they plan to discuss marriage.

No comments: