Friday, June 24

Friday's Feast: Fifty-Three

Appetizer
What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
I usually get up around 8:30, but after a night of staying up to late on the computer that often pushes itself past 9:00. I'd really like to get up with the sun at around 6:30 or 7:00, but my work schedule makes that unrealistic.

Click link to continue reading:

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.
I usually go to the HEB near my house every Tuesday or Wednesday, but with three mall runs,* my birthday to celebrate, a resume to write, and an interview I didn't keep to my usual routine. I did a quick run to HEB last night, but, much to my chagrin, they were closing their doors early to do some refrigerator maintenance. In preparation, they had taken all of their refrigerated food out of the coolers, including the produce. I was none to pleased. However, I managed to grab a gallon of 2% milk before they snatched it away; I usually buy skim. I also purchased some smoked almonds for our snacking pleasure and Liquid Starch for my ironing displeasure.

* I had to go back to the mall on my Monday to exchange hubbies shirts because they were to big.


Found at this great Audrey site.
Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?
Maybe a dozen, I really haven’t read many books lately; I've been to busy enjoying blogs. Swimming to Antarctica really stands out. This is just a wonderful memoir. I had never heard of Lynne Cox until I picked up this book. I use to swim and I swam for the love of swimming (believe me, it was not for the glory). I appreciated her utter love of swimming and discussion of it. I love how she tried to use her gift in an unlikely way to promote unity. I love her shear focus and determination. It really let me get inside her head. It was very well written and a pleasure to read.

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?
Audrey Hepburn, need I say more? She makes you laugh; she makes you cry; she makes you dream; she makes you feel; and she does it all with complete and utter dignity.

Dessert
Who taught you how to drive?
The first driving lesson I ever received was from my dear friend Carol. She had just gotten her first car and she actually let me drive it! However, I learned how to drive from my friend Robin, driving my mother’s car back and forth to our community college campus.

Friday's Feast - a buffet for your brain

5 comments:

Julie said...

I've never even heard of that store--is it a texas thing, or should I come home to visit more often?

Lora said...

It's a Texas thing. Grocery chain's are quite regional.

We have Randall's, HEB, and Albertson's in this are.

Janet said...

You know, I really like this meme. I think I will try it!

Michelle said...

I adore Audrey Hepburn. I could watch My Fair Lady over and over again.

andrea said...

I am so loving friday feast. so very clever (and always interesting to read).