Friday, July 8

The secret plot

This evening I received some news that is making me completely giddy. My boss who is an absolutely great guy got engaged to his absolutely fabulous girlfriend. They are both wonderful people and I just couldn’t be happier for them.

They’ve been together for quite a while, at least six years, and just balance each other out perfectly. He’s been gearing up to pop the question for a while now, so I’ve been looking forward to this with great anticipation.

He asked in the most romantic way. They were off to spend the holiday weekend at the lake, where he was planning to propose. Before their trip, she threw a surprise party for him with all their friends and family there, as his birthday is fast approaching.

Sometime in the middle of the party everybody made him get up and speak, as they always do. Of course, he thanked everybody for coming. He’s really touched. His family means so much to him. He then says, “In fact, I’m hoping to expand my family sometime in the near future.” He turns to his girlfriend, gets down on one knee, in front of all the most important people in both of their lives, pulls out the ring and asks her to marry him. Of course, she said yes and I gather that she was so happy and overwhelmed that she was crying for the next couple hours. He did good, real good.

I can’t wait to see her and to congratulate them both. After all, you do know it is the secret plot of married people to get the rest of the world happily coupled off too? Don’t you?

3 comments:

Bearette said...

yay! I know what you mean, but D and I are dismal at fixing people up...we've tried like 8 times!

Julie said...

It looks really nice over here--great work!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is a sweet smooth proposition!