Sunday, July 24

Vive le Lance!!!


I live in Austin. Lance Armstrong’s hometown. There’s no way I’m not going to celebrate this. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

I’m not generally a huge sports fan. And I’m certainly not one to get all goofy about the local team, but there is something different about Lance Armstrong. Yes, he’s a fantastic athlete, but his talent really lies in the way he has captured the American heart and imagination.

He’s a goofy looking guy with an infectious grin and a sparkle in this eye. He is the embodiment of values that most Americans hold dear: tenacity, hard work, and family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Impressed and proud, but not surprised.

Anvilcloud said...

You have every right to be proud. This guy transcends city, state, and nation boundaries.

PS: Can you get me a Livestrong bracelet or two? They're hard to come by up here.

oceanskies79 said...

I am not familiar with Lance Armstrong, but your joy from your celebration is infectious. I shall celebrate with you too.

Sue said...

I have to admit I don't have the faintest idea who Lance Armstrong is! But he sounds like a good guy.