Saturday, November 19

Friday Feast Seventy

I've missed doing these recently; so I thought I might get back into the habit again.
This week I'm doing it a little late.

Appetizer
When do you feel impatient?
While I wouldn't call myself a patient person, I normally only feel impatient when things are happening far below the standard they should be and it could have been prevented.

Salad
How many times in your life have you had a broken heart?
Truly, only once, but it healed.

Soup
Name a book you would like to see made into a movie.
None. It is rare that a movie can do a book justice. I almost always feel cheated by adaptations.

Main Course
If you could thank one teacher for what they taught you, who would it be and what would you thank them for?
I've had so many excellent teachers in my life that this is a hard one, but if I could only thank one it would probably be Prof. Derne. He taught Contemporary Sociological Theory at my alma mater. I think he really helped my hone my critical thinking skills like no other person had before.

Dessert
What is your favorite kind of pie?
Key Lime Pie.


Friday's Feast
- a buffet for your brain.

1 comment:

utenzi said...

Nah, there's many movies that are quite good despite being book adaptations. Occasionally they're even better than the book. Primal Fear and Red Dragon come to mind immediately. The Hunt for the Red October and Presumed Innocent were as good as the books they were derived from.

Of course these are the rare exceptions but "none" is such a strong word, Lora. :-)