Thursday, April 20

I'm Melting!

Each day over the past week, I’ve been finding signs of me returning to my former self.
Sunday, I noticed that my legs and arms felt slimmer, a very nice feeling.
Monday, I felt a surge in my energy level.
Tuesday, I found that I no longer had to go sit down with my feet up after just a little while standing because my ankles were much less achy and puffy.
Wednesday, I noticed that my complexion looks better and I was able to put my wedding ring on again.
Today, I looked in the mirror and my face looked dramatically different. My color and complexion no longer looks flushed and puffy. My face shape is no longer round, but is back to its old familiar oval shape.

Ironically, I thought that I had held up under pregnancy pretty well, except for that last month where things got bad. Now I realize I was more like the frog in the pot of water that was slowly having its flame increased on. Of course, the 25lb weight lost I’ve experienced in the past week by itself explains a lot of the energy that has returned.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad that you are doing well and recovering nicely.

utenzi said...

I'm so glad that you're feeling better now, Lora. It's weird but understandable that you weren't aware of just how much your pregnancy was affecting your body. It's great that you're returning to "normal" so fast!

Mike said...

Wow, so much good stuff going on all over the place. You have no idea how happy I am for you and how well it's all going. Can't wait to see you sometime.

Anonymous said...

What a massive change in the body. It must be nice to see familiar self in the mirror again. What a journey!