Friday, July 28

The Daily Rhythm

I just caught myself writing this email to a friend of mine and found it comical enough to share.

Sorry that I got off the phone so abruptly and then never called you back. It was my lactation consultant, who I needed to talk to about the lipase problem that we discovered I have. Then when that was winding up, Lyn arrived home from work and I caught up with him for about five minutes. Then Liam woke up demanding food. Then I had to run to the grocery store. Then Liam needed to be feed again and put down to bed (Which he did a stellar job of tonight. I think he's beginning to get this self-soothing thing down). Then I needed to call my mother back as I made up a pasta salad for tomorrow. Then I got to talk to my husband for about five more minutes before he fell asleep. Then I realized I had forgotten to eat dinner, so I ate. Now I'm finally getting a chance to get back on the computer and will soon be getting ready for bed so I can tuck in after Liam gets up for his 11:30 ish feeding.

And today wasn't even that busy, comparatively, but I can tell you that the rest of the day had a similar beat to it, but it felt like a productive day.

Things are getting a little more balance to them these days. I dropped out of one of the Mommy groups completely and one of the other ones, which is mainly just an online group I've diverted the messages of to a seldom used email account. So that I don't feel like I'm being flooded by them anymore and an look through if and when I feel like it. I've actually managed to get in touch with people I haven't spoken to in a while and even check a blog or two. Last night, I took a bath and read a whole magazine. Okay I skimmed it, but you get the point.

Liam is growing and developing by leaps and bounds. I promised my mother I would post some more photos sometime this weekend. I'll give everybody a bit of an update too. So I'll save that for then.

My diet is going well. I've teamed up with a couple other mamas and we are following the Weight Watchers program and giving each other support. If you want to cheer us along, or offer us good weight lost advice, stop by here. I'm pleased with the results I've had so far. The best thing about dieting when you are breastfeeding is that you aren't really dieting, you are just eating like a normal healthy person. By being so conscious of what I put in my body, I know I'm eating much better quality food and hence am producing much better milk for my boy. So it's a win-win for us all.

Well, Liam should be calling soon and I want to slip into my PJs before he does.

Honestly, I don't know when I've been busier in my life and I know my time has never been spent in such a meaningful manner. I'm truely loving every minute of it.

1 comment:

Sue said...

So glad to see another post from you :-) I'm really glad to hear all's going so well.