Wednesday, April 6

Back on track

Sorry, things have been so quiet here lately. I've been trying to reestablish my life. I’m one of those people who easily go off on tangents here and there. Despite my best efforts I neglect what I think I should be doing and over focus on things I shouldn't. However, I’m slowly getting back on track, for a while at least.

One of the things I’ve been neglecting is exercise. I don’t know why. I’m not what I would call athletically inclined, but I love individual exercise; you know running, swimming, biking, yoga. They help me stay sane. However, it’s like I forget how much I enjoy moving and I have huge problems getting out the door. I’ll stay on track for a while and then something little will get me out of my routine and I won’t exercise for a month. I’ll start feeling achy and grumpy and just won’t sleep as that well. Something fundamental is missing from my life.

It’s been a month and I’ve been missing it. Somehow, I got myself up and out and had a lovely run/ walk out at Town Lake this morning. I moved a little faster that I probably should have, but it felt great. Now, I feel much more at peace. It must be all those endorphins.

No comments: