Wednesday, May 18

Genocide

This is the type of work that makes me think blogging may actually be able to make a difference in the world and in people's lives. Catez has put a huge effort into gathering information and writings about the genocide currently taking place in the Sudan. Please, go visit her and read about it.

I knew nothing of this until I read her original post. At this posting, I still haven't had a chance to read much of it, but genocide is genocide. The only way we can fight ethnic cleansing is through awareness. Remember what happen recently in Rwanda, we can not allow this to happen again.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Here's a link to a basic news story about the conflict/genocide, with some more articles linked from it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3496731.stm

Lora said...

Thanks for the link. I should have known you'd know something about it. Her in the U.S. there has been very little press on it.