Monday, June 6

Sleep

The past few days I’ve been feeling a bit off. Well yesterday it seems to have caught up with me. After a full nights sleep I went about my day which, thankfully, wasn’t all that busy, being my day off. I totally lacked any enthusiasm and had nothing to say, not my usual modus operandi, but the day went by quickly.

In the evening, we went over to my in-laws for dinner. I normally enjoy these visits, but I just wanted to rush through everything so that I could go back home and go to sleep. There was even some yummy peach pie and I wasn’t even tempted to have seconds, definitely odd. The video we watched was something I had wanted to see, but I just wanted it to be over that so I could go crawl in bed.

We got home at 9:30 p.m., but I immediately headed for bed. I normally go to bed well after midnight. Going to bed early like I usually wake up a couple hours later and then can’t get back to bed until 5a.m. I woke up at 1 a.m. and was then back to sleep by 2a.m. I woke up briefly in the morning to see my husband off to work, check my e-mail and decided to take the morning “off.” Still exhausted and unenthusiastic, I went back to bed 9:30 a.m. I rolled over long enough to see the time at noon and then slept again until 1:30p.m. That was 13 and a half hours of sleep in 16 hours.

I’m feeling a little perkier at the moment, but I don’t know how long that’s going to last. My other symptoms are mild. I hate getting sick like this it just makes me feel lazy. But one can not sleep that much, that soundly and not know that something is a bit off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, my sleep and energy have been off too. Weather? anticlimax of summer finally arriving and not being as good as we remember it being in winter? fighting a flu bug nearly completely?

Lora said...

Definitely some sort of bug as I am still dragging a bit.