Wednesday, January 31

No More Drama Mama

It’s been a busy week and I found that while I have been sitting down to write, I haven’t managed to post any of it, time and interruptions have prevented me from completing my train of thought. Since my brain tends to wander and meander all over the place the train can get pretty long before I wrangle them into readable form. One of my favorite quotes that seems applicable to me is:

I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it shorter.
Blaise Pascal

Mainly, I’ve just been busy trying to ease us into our new schedule, so that next week when I start doing a 16 hour day we’ve got the kinks out.

One major event for me this week is that I have left the mommy group that I was once the assistant organizer on. Of the 5 groups that I joined I now remain in 2 which is a much nicer balance for me. I know it sounds a little strange to say, but leaving this group was a difficult decision for me to make. I felt like it as the equivalent of breaking up with a boyfriend and I admit that ending this has never been something I was very good at. I always took the tacit of just disappearing without a word more then once, leaving me with more then one fellow scratching his head. Right now, I'm still missing it a bit, but think it was best. I do hope to maintain many of the friendships of made from the group, as I really came to rely on many of these women in my first few scary months of motherhood. However, enough drama had gone down that I was finding the group to be more stressful then fun.

Honestly, who would have thought that motherhood would have been such a boon to my social life? I haven’t been this social since I was in college. Actually, I don’t think I’ve been in any actual social organizations since college. I don’t know how long my activity in my current groups will last because I guess at some point in time one just moves on. I’ve always been one to tend to create longer lasting closer friendships and finds them most rewarding. However, I really enjoying have a circle of friends based on common interests. I’ll have to make sure that I stay involved with similar organizations in the future. As long as you don’t over do it, like I was, they really are a godsend.

No comments: